The Just B4 Preschool Early Learning Program is specifically designed for 4-year old’s who will be entering Kindergarten in the following September. The curriculum focuses on both the ‘First Peoples Principles of Learning’ and the ‘Early Learning Framework’, while incorporating Outdoor Learning. The program is 2 or 3 days per week, 2 hours per day.
There are two locations that are currently offering the Just B4 program:
33130 Bevan Ave, Abbotsford BC V2S 1T6
Ph: 604-853-8384 Email: email@example.com
Dormick Park Elementary
32161 Dormick Ave, Abbotsford BC V2T 1J6
Ph: 604-859-3712 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
Mon/Wed/Fri - 8:30 - 10:30 am
Tues/Thurs – 12:30 – 2:30 pm
Dormick Park Elementary
Monday - Friday: 12:30 - 2:30 pm
All Abbotsford School District programs will be closed for the following holidays or Stat days:
Good Friday & Easter Monday
National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
All registered Seamless Day families will have access to register for Abbotsford Community School Societies’ summer and spring break programs before the general public and will receive a link from their Seamless day provider. For more information about Abbotsford Community School Society, please use the link provided. www.abbycommunity.com
All Abbotsford School District programs will be closed for non-instruction days. The dates for the school year will be posted on our website www.abbyschools.ca
Fees for preschool are $300.00 per month for Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday and $200.00 per month for
Tuesday and Thursday, plus a $50.00 registration fee per family. Registration & tuition fees are nonrefundable.
The Abbotsford School District has been approved for the Childcare Fee Reduction initiative hence
reducing caregivers’ fees to the following starting September 1st, 2023.
$243.00 per month for Monday/Wednesday/Friday
$162.00 per month for Tuesday/Thursday
More information can be found at Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative.
Parents are also encouraged to apply for the Affordable Child Care Benefit
More information can be found at Affordable Child Care Benefit
Fees must be paid through School Cash Online
Registration and Attendance
Registration packages must be completed by a parent/legal guardian. We require a current photo of your child as per licensing requirements for identification purposes. We will take a digital photo at the centre to ensure it is current. The release form within the handbook will need to be completed in order for us to take a photo of your child.
Godson Parent Handbook Dormick Park Parent Handbook
The Just B4 Early Learning Program is specifically designed for 4-year old’s who will be entering Kindergarten in the following September.
All parents are required to sign in their child(ren) upon arrival. The Abbotsford School District is not legally responsible for a child without an adult signing them in. Sharing information with our staff that may impact your child’s reactions to others in the morning helps us to understand and assist them with managing their emotions. E.g., a bad night’s sleep, a family disagreement etc.
Be sure that a staff member is aware that you have arrived.
- Parents are required to sign out their child(ren) when picking up. Ensure that a staff member is aware that you are leaving with your child.
- If your child will be picked up by someone other than yourself, you must notify the centre ahead of time.
- If you have not notified the centre ahead of time about a pick-up change for a day, your child will not be released if permission has not been given by the parent/guardian.
- Staff are required to ask for photo ID if they do not know the pick-up person.
- Children will not be released to ANYONE who appears to be intoxicated, we will first call the other parent or emergency contact. In the event that the parent or guardian leaves with a child while under the influence of drugs or alcohol we will notify the police immediately. We will also file an incident report with Fraser Health.
- The Seamless Day Childcare program closes at 5:30pm SHARP. If your child has not been picked up by 5:45pm we will phone your home, cell phone or your place of employment. If we still can’t get a hold of anyone, we will phone the emergency contact who is listed in your child’s file.
- Children will not be sent home in taxis, allowed to walk home alone, or be released to anyone under the age of 19 years of age. For liability reasons, staff is not permitted to drive children in their personal vehicles.
- If being late is a recurring issue you may be asked to withdraw your child from the program.
1. Please notify us if there is any change in the scheduled attendance for your child. If your child becomes ill during the school day and is sent home, please let us know right away.